At Fraser School, children of all abilities learn, play and grow, side by side. Our competent and caring staff, our classrooms, and our wonderful indoor and outdoor play facilities help create a fun, challenging, and safe environment. Fraser School is known for its inclusive environment, where children with typical needs (without disabilities) and children with special needs contribute to each other’s development in unique and life-changing ways.
Fraser School offers:
- Infant and toddler childcare programs
- Pre-school and kindergarten readiness programs
- Extended-day childcare
- Large indoor and outdoor playground facilities
- Optional physical, occupational, speech-language, feeding, play and music therapies
- Center-based respite care
- Follow National Early Childhood Program Accreditation standards
Fraser School is located at 2400 W. 64th Street in Richfield.
For more information, click on the options below, or contact us at 612-798-8324 or SchoolEnrollment@fraser.org.
Flexible schedule/Payment options
Unlike many childcare centers and preschools, Fraser has a flexible hourly schedule within its 2-day, 3-day and 5-day childcare and preschool options. Fees are based on the hours your child is scheduled, not on a flat rate for each day. For more information, view our rate sheets:
2016-2017 Rate Sheet (Effective September 2016)
In order to help every child reach their full potential, Fraser School integrates the following three curricula:
- The Creative Curriculum® — widely accepted as the gold standard for infant, toddler and preschool curriculum. It encourages growth in all areas of child development — social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development.
- SPARK — Skills Promoted through Arts, Reading, and Knowledge (SPARK) is a literacy-based program using literature, music, art, and make-believe in skill development.
- The Incredible Years™ — an award winning social/emotional curriculum designed to increase children's social skills, understanding of feelings, and increase children's conflict management skills.
The Fraser School Pre-Kindergarten Program meets the needs of children who will soon be entering kindergarten. Following Minnesota Department of Education standards, Fraser Pre-K provides an comprehensive program that balances child-initiated and teacher-directed activity, and teaches children skills and concepts essential for success in kindergarten.
Classroom strategies include rotating learning centers, print-rich environment, word walls, sight words, literacy/writing centers, listening centers, and theme-based lesson plans developed using research-proven methods.
Fraser Pre-K teachers supplement their planning with curriculum such as SPARK (Skills Promoted through Art, Reading and Knowledge). The Incredible Years™ is an extensive social development curriculum used for social development, taught during lessons.
Fraser Pre-K serves 4 and 5-year-olds preparing to enter kindergarten, and is offered in a morning. Structured activities are longer than those for preschoolers, which helps students expand their attention spans and ability to follow directions. These are critical skills for success in kindergarten.
Fraser School staff and classroom contact information
NOTE: Teachers often do not get messages immediately. If you need immediate assistance, please call the front desk.
Location/Hours of operation
2400 West 64th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55423
Fraser School is open Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Fraser School calendar
Fraser School operates year round. For information on school closures due to holidays or staff training, see the latest Fraser School calendar:
2016-2017 Fraser School Calendar (Effective September 2016)
For detailed information about all aspects of Fraser School, read our Parent Handbook.
Additional Expertise and Resources
Fraser Expertise and Information – For additional information on parenting children with typical needs and with special needs.
Links – Links to more information about our curriculum and other sites about parenting and child development.