Autism Therapy Services
Fraser Autism Therapy Services provide individual, group and family therapies to address the social-emotional needs of children, teens and young adults who have autism spectrum disorders and their families. Autism Therapy Services are structured to promote adaptive coping skills, decrease at-risk behaviors and to improve overall adaptive functioning in the family.
The need for outpatient therapy is determined by a licensed mental health professional during a diagnostic assessment and based on criteria for medical necessity. An individual treatment plan identifies goals and objectives as well as the frequency of services. Therapy is provided by masters or doctoral level therapists.
The individual treatment plan may include activities such as:
- increasing adaptive behavior
- promoting attachment behaviors
- increasing self-regulation
- improving safety awareness
- improving self-esteem
- increasing strategies to communicate feelings
- increasing parents’ understanding and use of strategies to manage and promote behavior
The group treatment plan goals and strategies may include:
- promoting social interaction/skills development
- recognizing and communicating feelings
- modulating arousal and managing conflicts
- recognizing the impact of one’s behavior on others
Family goals and strategies may include:
- improving understanding of diagnosis and how it affects the person/family
- building stronger family relationships
- better managing family conflicts
- more effective guidance
- introducing effective structure into family life
- problem solving behavioral challenges
Locations: This program is currently offered in our Fraser Minneapolis, Fraser Anoka, Fraser Eden Prairie, Fraser Eagan and Fraser Bloomington locations.
Payment/Funding: All major commercial health insurance plans, Medical Assistance and private pay are accepted. We are also able to provide limited services for uninsured Hennepin County residents. Clients may have financial responsibility for co-pays or deductibles. We encourage you to call your insurance company to find out what your benefits are for the services Fraser has recommended.
For more information, contact a Fraser intake coordinator at 612-767-7222.