Why choose Fraser?
Mission, Vision & History
For Fraser Employees
Navigating the First Steps
Teen & Adult
Home and Community Supports
For Fraser Families
Pulling Together for Fraser
Fore! Fraser Benefit Golf Classic
Fraser Annual Benefit
Fraser Walk For Autism
Current Job Opportunities
Questions To Ask Insurers
Food Service Assistant
Food Service Assistant
The Food Service Assistant will assist the Health Services Coordinator in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all children and staff at Fraser School through oversight of the food planning, ordering, preparation, and clean-up of the Fraser School kitchen.
1. Plan and distribute all Fraser School snack menus following the dietary guidelines set forth by the federal and state governments.
2. Purchase, date, and sanitarily store all food and non-food items necessary to provide breakfast supplements, snacks, and replacement lunches for the children enrolled in Fraser School.
3. Provide daily oversight and role-modeling to the Kitchen Aide in order to maintain sanitary conditions during food preparation, food distribution, and clean-up. Provide guidance to the Kitchen Aide regarding the sanitation of the food served to the children by maintaining allergen-safe practices; proper hand washing, gloving, and hair covering procedures; and disinfection of serving utensils and preparation surfaces.
4. Monitor supply needs and order as needed to include: gloves for food use and employee protection per OSHA Blood-Borne Pathogen standard; first aid and diapering supplies; Health Services office supplies; laundry supplies; bleach; break room supplies; and other miscellaneous items as directed.
5. Supervise necessary kitchen cleaning to maintain standards set forth in Rule 3, Bloomington Public Health, and the city of Richfield.
6. Launder any kitchen towels, aprons, etc. to maintain cleanliness.
7. Notify teaching staff of any changes or updates in kitchen procedures, schedule changes, etc.
8. Clean and return any adaptive utensils to the appropriate classrooms.
9. Enter all purchases in purchasing database. Monitor the food costs and food service supplies line items and strive to meet budget limits.
10. Reduce waste by minimizing the use of disposable products.
11. Stay current in mandated training according to Rule 3 licensing.
12. Stay current in trends in childcare centers related to health, safety, and nutrition.
13. Stay current with regulations around health, safety, and nutrition as it pertains to childcare.
Fraser School, 2400 W. 64th Street, Richfield, MN 55423
1. High school degree or equivalent required.
2. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certification (Fraser may provide training).
3. Valid Minnesota Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle required.
4. Ability to achieve and maintain status of “may provide direct contact for this agency” upon completion of criminal background studies.
5. Effective communication in the English language, including verbal and written communication with both internal and external contacts required. 6. Basic mathematical skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide required.
7. Ability to recognize problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions required.
8. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
1. Post-secondary education preferred.
2. Experience in nutrition or a nutrition-related field preferred.
3. Demonstrated successful experiences with children and adults who have special needs, including health conditions and food allergies, preferred.
For current openings, visit our
Fraser is proud to be an EEO/AA employer.