Why choose Fraser?
Mission, Vision & History
For Fraser Employees
Navigating the First Steps
Teen & Adult
Home and Community Supports
For Fraser Families
Pulling Together for Fraser
Fore! Fraser Benefit Golf Classic
Fraser Annual Benefit
Fraser Walk For Autism
Current Job Opportunities
Questions To Ask Insurers
Assistant Teacher - Preschool
Assistant Teacher - Preschool
Assists the Lead Teacher in running the classroom, caring for children, and carrying out lesson plans. In the Teacher's absence, takes responsibility for all teacher duties, including planning curriculum.
1. Assist in the planning and implementation of a program to meet the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of the child.
2. Assist in ensuring compliance with all Rule 3 Licensing and Accreditation standards.
3. Provide on-going verbal communication to families about their child’s development.
4. Provide programming in accordance with Early Childhood best practices and Fraser School Policy.
5. Promote the philosophy of inclusion that supports children of diverse backgrounds and abilities learning, playing and working together.
6. Maintain professional confidentiality regarding all clients and their families.
7. Assist with documentation on children as necessary for behavior plans.
8. Create a sense of team among staff in the classroom through respectful and open communication and shared duties.
9. Assist in orienting new staff.
10. May be assigned extended day duties including, but not limited to, ensuring that gym cleaning has been completed and classrooms have been closed and cleaned.
DUTIES AS REQUESTED:
1. Complete daily communication forms for families.
2. Complete conference summaries in a timely manner.
3. Provide clear communication to classroom staff on roles and responsibilities.
4. Provide on-going feedback to classroom staff regarding their performance.
5. Provide mentoring and support to classroom staff.
1. Complete required annual training hours in accordance with Rule 3 Licensing mandates, including attending all Fraser provided training. Provide documentation to the Fraser School Director.
This position will work at Fraser School, 2400 West 64th Street, Richfield, MN 55423.
This position will work in a preschool classroom, scheduled hours will be a set schedule Monday through Friday within Fraser School business hours of 7:00am-6:00pm year round.
1. Must meet Assistant Teacher qualifications as designated by DHS Rule 3 and NECPA standards (match of education and experience).
2. Must maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
3. Ability to achieve and maintain status of “may provide direct contact for this agency” upon completion of criminal background studies.
4. Effective communication in the English language, including verbal and written communication with both internal and external contacts required.
5. Basic mathematical skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide required.
6. Ability to recognize problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions required.
1. Experience working in early childhood with children with special needs preferred.
For current openings, visit our
Fraser is proud to be an EEO/AA employer.